Last Updated on January 17, 2023 by Sarker C. Weber
Clean cutting requires the highest quality chainsaws, and for that to be possible, you’ve got to spend some cash.
It’s no secret there are tons of chainsaws on the market. But getting the best chainsaws under 500 is very hard to accomplish.
So, to assure you cut better with your chainsaw for longer, you need a powerful chainsaw.
When you’re willing to spend $500 or $600, you’ll be sure to have a more capable machine.
It’s also possible for your chainsaw to hold its own when compared with other pricier models.
On the flip side, most people prefer moderately-priced, high-quality tools, so a 500 dollars chainsaw should appeal to you instantly.
If you’re in a hurry to make a well-informed pick for under 500 dollars, check out our top pick right now!
5 Best Chainsaws Under 500 Dollars – Review
If you’ve been in search of an all-around chainsaw, you’re in luck! These choices will make sure you get your money’s worth.
And with them, you won’t think about your budget and even a $400 chainsaw will be easier to purchase!
01. Husqvarna 18 Inch 455 Rancher Gas Chainsaw-Top Pick
- Smart-Start Technology - With Smart-Start, you don’t have to pull your chainsaw for long before getting it started.
- Auto chain oiler - This feature provides the right amount of lubrication for your chainsaw’s bar and chain. As a result, there’s very little chance of friction or kickback.
- Comfortable chain tensioning - Your chain tensioner is easy to handle and provides the correct gauge for your chainsaw’s cutting.
- Quick-release air filter - A quick-release air filter is added to ensure there’s greater ease of cleaning out your chainsaw. It also assures the smoother operation of your gas-powered chainsaw.
- Anti-vibration system - With an anti-vibration system, it becomes more comfortable to cut through virtually anything without discomfort.
What makes this Husqvarna 455 Rancher so impressive is too numerous for a single paragraph.
This chainsaw currently packs a 55.5cc gas engine, propping it up for sheer power. Cutting through a range of objects is poised to be a breeze with this engine.
For those operators weary of a hard start, this chainsaw’s Smart-Start tech will surely appeal to you immediately.
With a single pull, you’ve got your cutting up and running! To provide more cutting capacity, a long 20” bar is fitted on this chainsaw.
Cut down large trees and other hard objects with relative ease! Also, this system assures the perfect level of safety for operation.
It comes with an auto chain oiler feature, meaning your bar and chain get the correct lubrication at all times.
Also, with a bar cover, there’s no chance of debris flying back at you when cutting through stuff.
The comfortable tensioning of this system means you can get the chain fitted right on your bar for greater safety.
It also ensures cleaner cutting through hard objects. Aside from these exciting features, this chainsaw also comes at 13.22 lbs for a more comfortable operation.
Its lightweight powerhead will ensure you cut through stuff for longer without any issues.
- Easy to use
- Well balanced
- Safety features included
- Easy maintenance potential
- The long bar for easier cutting
- Shipping could damage some parts
02. EGO Power+ CS1604 Cordless Chainsaw – Runner Up
- Charges faster - The industrys fastest recharge times are offered, allowing you to recharge a 5.0 Ah battery in as little as 40 minutes.
- Weather resistant - You can run this chainsaw in every weather condition.
- 6800 rpm - Provides the strength to slice through tough wood, softwood, branches, and other materials.
- High-efficiency brushless motor - Provides extended operation time, minimal vibrations, and an extended lifespan for the motor.
- And more...
If you’ve been hunting for the best chainsaw under 500, then this cordless saw is the right pick for you!
There’re so many exciting features that come with this chainsaw, and we’ll take a look at them in detail.
At 3.5hp engine capacity and 6800RPM speed, this cordless chainsaw is the perfect tool for loggers and farmers.
In addition, since it is a cordless chainsaw, you will enjoy the increased mobility on the tree with the machine.
Also, you get uninterrupted power thanks to its 5.0Ah Battery. So, cutting jobs become smooth and less time-consuming.
Also, the 16″ bar and chain, paired with a high-efficiency brushless motor, ensures effortless and seamless cuts.
The handle is soft enough so, you will enjoy working for a long time with the handle without much fatigue.
The chain adjustment is made toolless with the included chain tensioner for better performance.
- Easy to use
- Weather resistant
- Fast charging
- Longer run time
- Low Kickback Chain
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Ugly chain tensioner
03. Greenworks G-Max 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
- Brushless motor - With the brushless motor feature, you’ve assured lesser vibrations whenever you’re in the middle of a cut.
- Chain brake - Comes in handy for preventing kickback while operating the chainsaw. Protects the chain and bar from damage.
- Low kickback chain - Perfect for avoiding kickback injuries. Functions with the chain brake for more operator protection.
- 150 Cuts per full charge - A greater number of cuts from this chainsaw ensure you get value for money.
- Automatic oiler - Assures the correct level of lubrication for your chainsaw’s bar and chain.
It’s no secret that this unit ranks under 500 bucks, and there’s good reason for this ranking.
It boasts a lot of features that’ll make your cutting as seamless as possible.
Apart from this chainsaw being affordable, there’re lots of exciting and helpful elements it possesses.
All these features are inbuilt in this cordless chainsaw to ensure you get high-quality cuts for a budget product.
Let’s see why this chainsaw’s perfect for your work and budget;
It comes with a battery-powered build for maximizing the number of cuts you get.
It comes with a 40V battery and is highly powered for maximum cutting performance. With a full charge, you could get 150 cuts!
When you need maximum safety against kickback, this chainsaw provides ample protection!
It comes with a chain brake that’ll automatically limit operating speeds where there’s a chance of kickback.
Also, the chain fitted on this saw is designed to have low kickback potential.
When heavy chainsaws have made cutting tricky for you, know that you’ve found your choice saw!
It comes with a total weight of 10.4lbs, meaning you can handle and operate it for as long as you want!
Proper lubrication is also a must for your chainsaw to perform at its best.
And that’s why this chainsaw comes with an auto oiler for better chain and bar lubrication.
- Lightweight build
- Low vibration potential
- Auto oiling for better lubing
- High potential for bar oil leaks
04. Husqvarna 440 Gas Chainsaw
- 40cc engine - A high-powered gas engine increases cutting efficiency. It also prevents friction when your chain comes in contact with hard objects.
- Inertia-triggered chain brake - An innovative chain brake system ensures you’re protected against kickback and other injuries.
- Auto chain oiler - The chain oiler makes lubrication possible promoting a better operation of your chain.
- Easy-to-use chain tensioning - The chain tensioning system is very comfortable to use and limits injuries while increasing cutting efficiency.
- Easy-to-access air filter - The air filter on your chainsaw is easy to maintain. With this, you’re able to make use of your chainsaw with optimal performance assured at all times.
Husky’s range of chainsaws has many exciting features, and with this latest release, more power is added to your cutting operation.
Emission-reducing X-Torq engine tech innovations added in this chainsaw.
Also, its durable nose assures lesser chances of kickback when in contact with excessively hard objects.
Also, it comes with a high-powered chain brake system for promoting more safety from injuries during the operation.
For easier operation, this chainsaw comes with an auto chain oiler, so you don’t have to worry about improper lubing at any time.
Lightweight chainsaws have been proven to be the best for long-term operations, and this saw has the right weight for you.
At 11.68 lbs, the overall weight of your chainsaw won’t cause any strain to your arms and back, even after long hours.
For the smoother operation of your chainsaw, you’re provided an air filter with the highest maintenance potential.
All you need to do is get it out, clean it, and fit it back into your machine for much neater operation.
- Easy to use
- High-quality brake system
- Long bar for better cutting
- May need professional assembly help before first use
05. Husqvarna 18 Inch 445 Gas Chainsaw
- Automatic oiler - Auto oiler ensures your chain and bar are lubed right for your cutting job.
- Easy-to-clean air filter - Air filter maintenance is a breeze with its comfortable design.
- Centrifugal air-cleaning system - This system makes it more difficult for debris and dust to enter into the chainsaw’s engine.
- Anti-vibration system - Lesser vibration and increased cutting precision are what this system provides for you.
- Easy-to-operate chain tensioner - The chain tensioner is located in a comfortable position for easier operation.
When you need a chainsaw with maximum cutting power, the Husky 445 is perfect for you.
If you’ve been searching for power and durability, this chainsaw certainly ranks high among top choices.
A 50cc engine provides a high amount of power for this chainsaw. With so much power, this saw can be used for milling purposes and cutting more comfortably.
It also comes with an 18” long bar, providing ample length for greater cutting potential.
If you’ve been bothered about how chainsaw’s consumed fuel, then you’ve rest assured with this product.
It has an X-Torque build in its engine, which provides more potential for fuel conservation.
With fuel conserved, you’ve gotten the correct engine that limits carbon emissions to the atmosphere.
And there’s more this eco-friendly chainsaw provides!
It comes with a centrifugal air cleaning system to protect the engine and an anti-vibration system for cleaner cuts through the tough stuff.
- 18″ long bar
- High-powered gas engine
- Getting it started could be tricky in some units
What to Consider When Buying an Under $500 Chainsaw
If you’ve been on the hunt for the best chainsaws under $500, the top selection of products has been made available to you.
But before checking out the price of your chainsaw, you need more info.
You’ve got to be sure of what you’re paying for, and these tips will direct you to the chosen product you need;
The cash you’ve got is a major factor to check out when you need a chainsaw.
If you need the best professional chainsaw and have the cash for it, get a chainsaw under $500 right here!
But if you’re a bit low on cash, there’re still budget chainsaws below 300 dollars, which guarantee a decent performance.
What do you need the chainsaw for?
A chainsaw has the potential to give you the right amount of support it can handle.
When you’re involved in a large-scale operation for cutting down huge trees, you need a saw with a longer bar.
For such operations, aim for 18” bars and higher for the best performance, but 16- inch bars and below could work just fine for medium to small-range cutting.
Is it gas or battery-powered?
If you’re engaged in heavy-duty cutting, a gas-powered chainsaw is a go-to choice.
But if you’re engaged in the not too commercial use of your chainsaw, you could opt for a battery-powered chainsaw for your tool kit.
Ideal Engine Power
Making a choice for a chainsaw largely rests on your cutting operation.
If you’re looking for a C-saw for pruning and clearing your yard, there’s no need for much power.
Also, if you’re engaging in tough tasks such as milling, greater engine power is essential.
Assuring your safety when operating a chainsaw can’t be overstated. And today, numerous chainsaw makers add safety features to help protect operators.
Before forking out cash for that chainsaw, you’ve got to check out what kind of safety the saw offers.
Features such as a chain brake, anti-kickback chain, sprocket-tipped bars, auto-lubing, and more should be present.
Ensure you check out its warranty cover if you’re getting a chainsaw you intend to make the most from.
Most saws warranties may be dodgy at best, but there’re some excellent deals out there.
Check out what the makers provide to you if your saw gets faulty. And make sure you don’t stop there.
Run up the maker’s warranty info with what customers who’ve actually claimed them experienced.
Checking out reviews will give you a perfect answer to what customers really get from a warranty.
Do you hate that smoky, noisy chainsaw distorting your hearing at all times? Then it could be perfect for getting an environ-friendly pick.
Chainsaws now come less noisy based on their makeup but, when you’re looking towards getting less noise out during a cut,
Where can you use this saw? That’s a question you should ask before getting your order placed.
Electric (corded) chainsaws stand as the most limited saws when it comes to multi-environment use.
Battery (cordless) chainsaws perform decently across all environments as long as they’ve got charged batteries on.
Gas chainsaws will provide excellent cutting power when you’ve got it fueled and properly lubed.
Consider this closely. It’s a must for you not to regret your purchase.
Frequently Asked Question
Can a Budget Chainsaw Perform Better than an Under $500 Chainsaw?
It’s no secret that chainsaws exist which are priced a little below 200 bucks.
But when it comes to a product that assures more performance, getting a chainsaw close to 500 bucks is a perfect choice.
What Range of Performance does under 500 bucks Chainsaw provide?
Chainsaws are made for a various purposes, and a $500 chainsaw is made mostly with a mid to high-range performance.
This means it’s perfect for cutting firewood and full time milling.
When you go through this selection of chainsaws, it’s very difficult to go wrong.
The top choice for the best chainsaws under 500 dollars will assure you get the most from your investment.
So get choosing and take advantage of the power and performance these chainsaws provide!